Pacific Middle School
Because I have pride in being a student at Pacific Middle School, I know there is clothing that is unacceptable in school. This means that I will wear appropriate clothing. Dress and appearance play a significant role in creating a comfortable place for all students. In an effort to promote this safe and comfortable atmosphere, my clothing should be non-offensive to all staff and students. Clothes with words or representations of anything inappropriate for school are not to be worn to school. They must be free from vulgarity, profanity, drug, tobacco and alcohol advertising and gang affiliation. In addition, my attire, must not present health or safety problems, or cause disruption to the educational process. The administration reserves the right to restrict appearance and attire with special consideration for safety, health, inappropriate messages or disruptive issues.
The following appearance expectations will be enforced throughout campus:
· Clothes should be clean and in good repair. Clothing with holes inappropriately placed are not acceptable at school.
· Pants with holes above the knees are not permitted.
· All head coverings (hats, visors, hoods, et.al.) are to be taken off upon entering campus and stored in my backpack.
· Bandanas are not to be worn at school. If displayed they will be confiscated and returned at the end of the school day.
· Pants should not have to be held up with a hand when walking. The waistband of the pants must be worn at the waist with no undergarments or shorts visible.
· Shoes are to be worn at all times. Slippers are not appropriate foot wear and should not be worn at school.
· Shorts, skirts, and dresses are to be long enough to maintain modesty while standing or sitting. These items should reach mid-thigh in the front and back of the garment.
· Shirts should meet the waistband of skirts or pants, even when students move and bend. Undergarments including their straps are to be covered at all times. The 3-finger rule applies for the straps on a tank top.
· Sunglasses are not to be worn in the building.
· Clothing or tattooing with inappropriate language or any reference to tobacco, drugs, alcohol, gang affiliation (including bandanas and gloves), or sexual suggestive is not allowed.
· Other attire as determined inappropriate by administration.
· Pajamas are not appropriate attire for school and are not to be worn. No blankets, flags or other items are to be worn or draped over on school grounds.