Welcome to the Pacific Middle School Library.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Use this link to access the library catalog for Pacific Middle School from any computer with an internet connection.
ONLINE CATALOG Destiny
The library is open all lunches unless we have a class. You MUST have a pass from the café to come to the library at lunch.
Please check the sign outside the library to see if we are open or closed.
Viking students in 7th grade may check out 2 items at a time.
Viking students in 8th grade may check out 3 items at a time.
- Books may be checked out for 2 weeks.
- Magazines and textbooks may be checked out for 3 days.
- If you have overdue materials you will not be able to check out.
There are 20 computers available. Please ask Ms. Federiuk for permission to use one. Printers are not currently available.
American poets Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson and Walt Whitman used the resources of language with imagination and power to encounter the world inside themselves and the larger world around them. We use them as our inspiration as we work together to acquire:
- First, the research skills needed to find and use reliable information in the diverse and challenging information landscape of the 21st Century;
- But second, also the background necessary to appreciate the achievements of the many writers, thinkers, artists, scientists, adventurers, hobbyists and technicians whose work can be found in our ever growing collection of books, magazines, and other materials. The work they have done, and the records they have left us, can help us understand and cope with the challenges we all face in our daily lives as human beings trying to survive on a lonely planet whose resources are being tested to the breaking point by our numbers and our lifestyles.